The role of the Field Design Technician is to assist Design Team in facilitating the delivery of Architectural Services to the field. This person(s) will work in a team to support the needs of the client by visiting job sites, documenting conditions, finding proactive solutions to problems, and working with the AOR or PE to immediately resolve open PAAs and RFIs and mitigate the number of these that are expected.
- Review and document site conditions during construction
- Note any issues and discrepencies from plans, and coordinate immediate response between the builder and AOR or PE
- Interpret field conditions and compare to approved drawings, document changes
- Request specifications, designs, or sketches for buildings and building systems, including, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, landscape, and engineering
- Participate in technical coordination meetings with builders, subcontractors and project staff.
- Assist in executing coordination between, design professionals and contractors from issuance of construction drawings to approval of work permits
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Assist in review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to elevations sub-consultants and Elevation team members.
- Maintain and transmit files and sketches between IBTS and the Architect or Designer of Record.
- Assist in preparation in detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
- Local, NYC travel is required, this is a field position
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities directed by IBTS management as assigned at any time with or without notice.