The Residential Damage Assessor will support current and future damage-assessment Inspection services The Damage Assessor will provide the Scopes of Work and Estimates necessary to complete the rehabilitation or reconstruction of damaged homes. The Candidate must be highly motivated and qualified to assess flood damaged homes using Xactimate software, make recommendations for repairs to ensure the homes are safe, sanitary and secure, and create that scope of work.
- Evaluates structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing deficiencies and determines improvements necessary for code compliance and to meet applicable Minimum Property Standards, and applicable Green Building Standards.
- Perform on-sight inspections of damages to determine cause, scope of damage, and estimate the cost of repair by using Xactimate software
- Schedule daily inspections of homes
- Access and inspect all areas of a dwelling including roofs and lot for drainage issues.
- Educate homeowners on determining scope of work
- Collaborate with the estimating team to ensure the scope of work meets the standards of safe, secure and sanitary
- Ensure the work is done in a timely manner
- Provide photographic documentation of all damage items and repairs made by homeowners after the storm
- Performs comprehensive daily reporting of estimating results verbally and in an electronic database.
- Works with the Property Assessors to ensure the field notes are of acceptable quality to provide an accurate estimate of damages.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with the Property Assessors and Client.
- Monitors the pace of field assessments and projecting the level of estimating effort required as work progresses.
- Completes forms necessary for the delivery of a complete bid package.
- Functions as a Team player but also productive while autonomous, delivering the required materials and findings accurately and in a timely manner.
- Renders sketches using Xactimate
- Ensures remains familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Residential Codes.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned by supervisor.